The Healing is a documentary about transformation and getting a second chance in life. Shot on location at barranca, it is an emotional journey of recovery that follows a group of traumatised war veterans whose lives are saved by learning to re-train ex-racehorses.
The documentary brings an intimate insight into cutting-edge therapy with life-changing outcomes. For the past 3 years, since The Healing was filmed at barranca, lives have been saved and ex-racehorses have helped each other to heal. Using the strengths of observational filmmaking, the film takes us on a unique and moving journey of recovery and transformation. It immerses us in the emotional drama of these two very different worlds: the veteran fighting for their life and the former racehorse both with uncertain futures.
The Healing demonstrates the possibility of change, here’s a sneak peek:
The Healing is on the last stretch of their fundraising campaign to complete this film. Once completed, it will:
* connect with those suffering from PTSD and their families by creating hope and offering an alternative, positive pathways to healing;
* create awareness of the challenges faced by those serving on the coalface;
* reduce the stigma associated with mental health problems and homelessness by igniting conversations about the issues and challenges;
* change the way we talk about people with mental health issues; and
* increase funding for organisations to provide equine therapy as an alternative to the medical model.
Please consider giving a donation to help The Healing achieve their fund-raising target so they can finish the documentary by clicking here. Your 100% tax-deductible donation, will help obtain vital support, exposure and funding needed to carry on life-saving programs for traumatised veterans, first responders and for others in the community suffering from trauma, depression, anxiety and other mental health illnesses.
+ click here to find out more about barranca‘s Equine Program